Sunday, July 5, 2015


Hi everyone! A few weeks ago I was up on the Bella Blvd Blog and I'm so excited to share one of my bible journaling pages and little bit of my process with you. When I first heard that Bella Blvd was partnering up with Illustrated Faith I was very very happy, two of my favorite things combining is always a good thing!
It's like ice cream and cake...who doesn't like ice cream cake!?

The first page I'm sharing is one I did based on Matthew 5:16, it was one of the verses in a recent sermon and it really hit home with me.  So I got my notebook, bible and some supplies out and came up with what I wanted my page to say.


Normally I would just do all my work in the margins of my bible but
 I knew that I had so much to reflect on with this one so I made sure to leave some room on my page to fit all that in. I decided that the best way to be able to say all I wanted was to do my page on some vellum instead and insert it later.


My process is pretty simple regardless of when I'm putting it, first I cover my page with clear gesso (if I'm adding paint), then I dry it and add in my paints (I use Liquitex Basics Acrylic colors). I usually use an old gift card, a paint brush and even my fingers to make little smudges here and there. Before I start adding any stickers or embellishments I make sure that I get it good and dry using my heat gun. 


Once everything is dry I start adding in my "title" and journaling. Since most of my pages usually start in a notebook, I like to try and add all the stuff that stood out and spoke to my heart onto my actual journaling page. For this page after I put my main journaling down " God Let my light shine with good, so other see and give you all the Glory", I decided to use some patten paper with circles cut out to write out the rest of my message.


For this page I pulled out my Genesis kit and some of my other Bella favorites. I love all the different alphabet stickers in the Genesis kit, so many to choose from!



To finish off my page I wanted to secure some of my words and my pattern paper pieces down, I added in some of the new washi tape and sewed over them a bit. I like how it not only keeps things intact but also give a more finished look.



I think it is also important that I share my verse with you, Matthew 5:16 (ESV) - "In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. " 
Thank you so much for letting me share this with you today! I always have so much fun putting pieces of my heart down on paper, I hope you will give it a try too!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you use your talents to glorify the Lord!

    ReplyDelete